Learning Disability Easy Read Guides

Learning disability information put together by Derbyshire County Council regarding:

Learning disability guides.

Learning disabilities – Derbyshire County Council

Information about services, opportunities, advice, help and support for people with learning disabilities in Derbyshire.

Visit the website for more information.

Local Send Offer

Information for young people with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities, and their families. Derbyshire’s Local Offer includes leisure and activity providers, health and care services, education providers and support groups.

The Local Offer simply aims to pull information about available services into one place and make it clear and accessible for you and your family.

Visit the website for more information. 

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust offers assessment and intervention to people who have a learning disability (some services call this intellectual disability).

Visit the website for more information.

Our Vision Our Future

A self advocacy group, run by and for adults with learning difficulties aged 18 and over covering Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire, Bolsover and Amber Valley.

Visit the website for more information. 

Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman

A range of materials for people with a learning disability on how to make a complaint about health services.  This includes leaflets, posters, a video and information in easy read.

Visit the website for more information. 

Special Care Dental Services

Easy read information on a dental service for people who need extra help to have dental treatment.

Easy Read Dental Service

Services for Adults with Disabilities

Anyone may become disabled – suddenly through accident, or gradually through illness, and some people are disabled from birth.

Whatever a person’s disability, there are a range of different support options available that can help a person to maintain their independence. Derbyshire County Council can help you to identify what support needs you have and how best to meet these.

Visit the website for more information. 

© Healthwatch Derbyshire 2021

WordPress website built by Jason King