NHS 111 Service

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free.  Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.

If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.

For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.

Social Care Emergency Out of Hours

Derbyshire County Council provide an emergency out-of-hours County wide social care support between 5pm and 9am Monday to Friday and 24 hours per day during weekends and bank holidays.

This service is available for the public and agencies to access a range of social care staff for adults or children in need of social care. If you use these numbers in an emergency, there is also the option to speak to an out-of-hours worker.

01629 532600

If you need to send a fax, please tel: 01629 532600 and ask for the correct fax number.

Your local area office can be contacted during office hours via Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 who will transfer your call to the area office or your involved worker.

Visit the website for more information.

© Healthwatch Derbyshire 2021

WordPress website built by Jason King