Social Care (Derbyshire County Council)

9am – 5pm social care office contacts.

All telephone calls for area offices are via Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190, and this is the number you will find for each office. Each office does have a fax number and a textphone (also called a minicom) which cannot be used for voice calls.

Referrals regarding the care of an adult

If you’re a GP, health worker or social care professional representing an external organisation and you wish to make a referral on behalf of an adult, you may do so using an online form. If the referral requires an urgent same day response, please contact Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190.

Emergency contact

If you need to make contact about social care before 9am or after 5pm use the emergency contact numbers.

Visit the website for more information.

Information, advice and First Contact scheme

Information and advice that can support you to find the help you need to stay independent and support your wellbeing. Includes publications, leaflets and fact sheets.

Visit the website for more information.

Adult Care and Wellbeing

This video gives an overview of our adult care services and how their processes work.


Visit the website for more information.

Adult Care Brokerage

Derbyshire County Council’s Adult Care brokerage service finds information about service providers and other resources. For example, agencies that provide help with personal care and activities of daily living.

Visit the website for more information. 

Home Care Guide

A quick guide for people who arrange their own home care.  You will find this useful if you are paying for care yourself or receiving direct payments from your local authority.

Visit the website for more information.

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.

Visit the website for more information.

Counselling Directory

Find a counsellor or psychotherapist near you.

Visit the website for more information.

First Contact

A free service for adults in Derbyshire. By filling in one simple form, you can be referred to a number of different organisations who can offer services, information and/or advice to support your independence, health and wellbeing. The scheme is managed by Derbyshire County Council in partnership with other statutory and voluntary sector partners.

Visit the website for more information.

© Healthwatch Derbyshire 2021

WordPress website built by Jason King